Q. Are the SafeCells a replaceable part?
A. No, they are integral to the seat design and cannot be replaced. Consumers should follow the user guide recommendation to discontinue use of a child seat that has been in a moderate or severe crash.
Q. Can I continue to use my child seat after it has been involved in a crash?
A. BRITAX recommends that the use of a child seat be discontinued if it has been in a moderate to severe crash. We further advise of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) position that it is not necessary to replace a child seat after a minor crash.
A minor crash is one that meets ALL of following criteria:
- The vehicle was able to be driven away from the crash site; AND
- The vehicle door nearest the child restraint was undamaged; AND
- There were no injuries to any of the vehicle occupants; AND
- The air bags (if present) did not deploy; AND
- There is no visible damage to the child seat.