BRITAX has been a leader in mobile safety for more than 70 years, with a legacy of leadership in developing innovations that enhance the safety of child car seats and improve their ease of installation and use. Our uncompromising focus has made BRITAX the best-selling child car seat in Europe and one of the brands most trusted by American parents and caregivers since entering the U.S. market in 1996. Our commitment to improving child safety is unparalleled, as evidenced by the fact that our products undergo the most rigorous testing in our industry at five BRITAX testing facilities worldwide. We also work closely with vehicle manufacturers to encourage design improvements that enhance the performance of child car seats. In addition, we maintain an ongoing dialogue with consumers, child passenger safety technicians and other child safety advocates to ensure proper installation and use of child seats and develop new ideas to improve their safety and ease of use.
BRITAX is sold through both independent and mass retailers.
BRITAX designs and manufactures a complete line of child seats, including:
- Infant carriers for use rear facing with children who weigh between 4 and 22 pounds (1.8 to 10 kgs).
- Infant/Child seats for use rear facing with children who weigh up to 30 or 35 pounds (13.6 or 15.9 kgs) and for use forward facing for children 20 pounds, up to 65 pounds (9.1 kgs, up to 29.5 kgs).
- Harness-2-Booster child seats for use forward facing with a harness up to 65 pounds (29.5 kgs), and then as a belt-positioning booster for use with children up to 60 inches (152.4 cm) tall or over 100 pounds (45.3 kgs).
- Belt-Positioning Booster child seats for use with children up to 63 inches (160 cm) tall or 120 pounds (54.4 kgs).
BRITAX also designs and manufacturers strollers, including:
- Full-size strollers that are appropriate from 6 months (or from birth when used with an infant carrier) up to 55 pounds (24.9 kgs).
- Compact-fold strollers that are appropriate from 6 months, up to 55 pounds (24.9 kgs).
While the safety and quality of our child seats and strollers are of paramount importance to parents and caregivers, we also recognize that these individuals value and appreciate the flair for style reflected in the design of all BRITAX products, as well as the high-quality, easy-to-clean fabrics used in our seat covers.
At BRITAX, we not only manufacture seats for the general public, but also for the medical community to service children with special needs. Since 2000, BRITAX has been providing a solution for safe travel for children with special needs. Our special needs seats are distributed through Snug Seat, Inc., who has been distributing innovative products for children with special needs since 1987. To find out more information about the Snug Seat by BRITAX products, visit the Snug Seat, Inc. website at: www.snugseat.com.